This post is the sequel to 'Blondie' which I wrote back in 2013.
I had blonde highlights for a large part of my teenage years (probably from around 13 to when I went red for Uni at 18) and I have found in the past, when experiencing a bad hair day, that I missed my blonde locks a HELLUVA lot.
After being a red head for a year during my first year of Uni, I decided to go over to the dark side and embrace my inner goth with almost black hair (cue all of those Katy Perry comparisons), followed by a random purpley tint, before settling for a dark brown with light brown ends dip-dye look circa 2013.
It wasn't long before I lightened the dip-dye hair up with blonde ends instead of light brown and then, in a moment of temporary insanity, dyed these ends pink because I thought I was a unicorn OBVS (read all about it here). Following this crazy experiment, I asked my then-hairdresser to whack in some honey highlights and - HEY PRESTO - I was an all-over blondie again.
Soon later, I did what a lot of young girls my age do... I got lazy. I stopped having my hair coloured because 1) I couldn't afford it and 2) I started to work full time - and who wants to sit in a chair for hours on end making mindless small talk at the weekend when you've got a boyfriend to please, a flat to clean and errands to run?! NO SIR, not me.
Fortunately, I was lucky and my highlights grew out to create this natural ombre effect with my real hair colour (which is brown).
I kept this look for the year I was travelling and then some, before deciding I would like to go lighter all over in late 2015 and be a good and proper blondie again.
At first I thought I'd like to keep the ombre effect to consist of dark brown roots with the colour gradient gradually increasing to blonde on the ends (a la Lauren Conrad):
However, this time around, I decided to have highlights further up so the whole look feels a lot lighter. I took inspiration from a certain Miss Khloe Kardashian. After reading her book and watching her family's TV show, I've become a big fan of Khloe and her entire look. Her hair, in particular, always seems to be ON FLEEK:
(Image Source: Glamour Magazine Online)
This is still technically ombre with the natural hair colour showing at the roots. I liked this idea because it means that the roots are less noticeable when they grow out.
This was the final result:
Hair Cut and Colour - Westrow, Wetherby
I'm really pleased with the colour - I may even ask to go a little lighter next time! Either way, the Blondie is here to stay and I couldn't be happier.
(Do you like my new hair colour? How many times have you dyed your hair in the past? Thanks for reading! Katie-xo)






No comments
Post a Comment